End of the Week Photo Dump
Well, it's been a hot minute.
I've been busy and haven't sat down at the computer for almost 10 days.*
Hopefully, next week will find me sitting at my desk at least for a little while.
In the meantime --- I hope you will enjoy a few photos I took on Friday and today.
On Friday mornings I take the regional rail to my knit group.
Steve drops me off at the station and then after knit group picks me up for a late lunch.
It works out really well, except for one thing.
The ONE THING!
This ad.
Okay .... I can agree on the bags. Put 'em on the shelf like a decent human.
But it's the other part.
This is the hill I will die on.
Lettuce AND 🍅definitely belong on a cheese steak.
That's a cheese steak HOAGIE and it's a THING. A PHILLY THING!
| Acorns with an itty-bitty visitor. |
My granddad was a great gardener.
As a teen I worked for him doing some of the garden chores.
Earned 25 cents an hour.
Unfortunately, living in Florida most of the efforts of vegetable gardening
fed the outside critters.
Really scorching hot peppers were about the only success we had.
This year I picked up a uber-cheap cherry tomato plant at the grocery store.
To say it looked like it was on it's last legs would be generous.
I also bought the only basil plant they had. It had exactly two leaves.
But with lots of rain, a bit of fertilizer, and hot, hot, hot weather,
maybe, just maybe, just maybe I'll get a salad's worth before first frost.
To say it looked like it was on it's last legs would be generous.
I also bought the only basil plant they had. It had exactly two leaves.
But with lots of rain, a bit of fertilizer, and hot, hot, hot weather,
maybe, just maybe, just maybe I'll get a salad's worth before first frost.
Of course, you knew Giroux would have to be here too.
This was taken when I got up to get a drink and came back to find my seat taken.
Cat law says ..... you can't move a sleeping cat.
I am a VERY law abiding citizen.
Last, but not least . . . Giroux decided I was not brushing him "right".
He took matters into his own paw.
Hope y'all have a very good Sunday
and I'll be back with some knitting soon.
(I hope.)
*When I get busy I still can manage to post to Instagram and Facebook. Feel free to stop on by.


Who would even want to move a sleeping cat. I haven't grown any edibles this year, the first time for a very long time. Just as well really as we came home to carnage when we were away from home for two weeks during a heatwave. Luckily, I've been able to nurse some of the plants back to health but some of the others succumbed.
ReplyDeleteMmmm....yes. Lettuce and tomatoes belong most everywhere that bread is involved. I could live on tomato sandwiches. Your plants look very healthy to me. My poor cherry tomatoes and my basil are yellow and burned to a crisp from the heat. Everything is looking pretty terrible right now. I'm hoping they will perk up if the weather cools.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I lost you for a bit! I'm catching up! Hello, Giroux!
ReplyDeleteJess and Justin were bringing lunch over and called to ask what I wanted on my cheesesteak. I said just cheese, but when it arrived I didn't realize a cheesesteak hoagie was a thing, and I got the saddest roll with a little steak and cheese. Lettuce and cheese would have been a big improvement! And who would move a sleeping cat?!
ReplyDeleteYour plants look healthy. Who knows, maybe the basil and tomatoes will be ready to eat at the same time.
ReplyDeleteLove the acorn pic!
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, Mr. G.
Now... personally, I don't like lettuce on ANY sandwich. Lettuce is for salads only!