Friday Foto

 Mother Nature has been a little crazy this year. Last year we begged for a drop of rain for most of two months. Then winter came. We got more snow than usual. Well, better late than never I figure. Spring was glorious. The winter melt really brought on the flowers and to be honest, the weeds. But you have to take the good with the bad, right?

Now we have this year.
We have had more heat waves than usual
and either no rain or buckets of rain.

Last week we got a couple of good downpours.

But, other areas?
They got too much rain.

We tried to hike over in Branchburg (NJ). 
It was a beautiful day,
but apparently they were one of the areas that got overwhelmed with rain.

We still hiked.
I got a few photos.
But, the hike was very short and a bit soggy.




As for that new sock cast on I promised you in my last post.

I had about 1/4 of the leg done when knit group ended.

I carefully put it back in my bag with the point protectors on,
but they didn't stay on.

Stitches came off two needles.

LACE stitches.  :::sigh:::

I do have a new start on that sock
and hopefully you will see it soon.

No promises on when.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.

It's worth the wait.
😉😁











Comments

  1. Frustrating about the sock for sure!
    We barely had a drop of rain all through June and July... now, since the beginning of the month (a whole week) we've gotten over five inches - most of that coming in two days (last Saturday and today). We sorely need it, but a little more slow and steady would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit soggy here too. The hot sun is drying things up pretty quickly so it won't last long. We went out for a walk at 8 am and it was already too hot and humid to be outside.
    I have the same struggle with point protectors. I either forget to put them back on or they come off on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry about your sock project. The news is saying we are still in a drought. I am thankful for any rain that falls. I’d rather it not come all at once but I guess that’s better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful. We've hardly had any rain this summer, everywhere is parched, which is very unusual for the UK. Arghhh, I feel your pain re the sock. I think I'd be inclined to pull it all back and start again, trying to pick up lace stitches takes longer than starting over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well rats. It's a mess when colorwork stitches fall off the needles. The photos are beautiful - bright blue skies even if it was soggy underground.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment