Welcome, September! 🍂

New month. New cast-on.

I'm guessing that by now we've all heard about the Lake Ontario kerfuffle.


Yarn:  Barnyard Knits 80/20 Sock Yarn

Color:  Mallard

Pattern: Lake Ontario by Nancy Wheeler (Knit, Sip, Happy)

Make of it what you will,

but I think it pretty much makes clear where I stand on this issue.





Comments

  1. I just read Louise Penny’s monthly newsletter - makes my head spin. You sock is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Canadian who grew up on the shores of that lake.... let me just say... Wow. And leave it at that

    That is a very pretty pattern and great yarn choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The lake thing is ridiculous but the body shaming post that the DOD put online last night and is defending is vile. These are sick, sick people. We should all be very ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock looks like a good one. I stand with you. When will any of this nightmare end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sock in a wee chair!! We drive by that lake when we visit his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lake Ontario fiasco isn't even worth mentioning. Surely his own people must be able to tell him how ridiculous he looks to the world. I love the colour of that sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Until I was about 12, I thought it was called Grandpa's Lake because he had a camp on its shores and we always said, "We're going to Grandpa's Lake!" It will always be Lake Ontario to me. I like the little seaside display for your sock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O Canada! Always and forever Lake Ontario. Lovely socks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment